Keeping our promise to provide quality care is very important. Every patient is treated equally at Weslaco Rehab Hospital and is guaranteed the following rights:
- You can expect reasonable safety in the hospital practices and environment.
- You have the right to choose your own visitors during your hospital stay regardless of sex or sexual orientation.
- You have the right to know the identity and professional status of all individuals that provide services to you and to know which physician is primarily responsible for your care.
- You have the right to obtain complete and current information concerning diagnosis, treatment, and any known prognosis (unless not medically advisable).
- People may visit you within the hospital’s established hours and guidelines.
- You have the right to participate in decisions about your care.
- You may refuse treatment to extent permitted by law, and will be informed by your physician of probable circumstances of refusal.
- If you are being transferred to another facility, you must be given information regarding the reason for transfer.
- An itemized, detailed explanation of your total bill for services rendered must be provided at your request.
- You are entitled to inspect personal medical records providing your physician is present.
- You can express complaints or concerns in the knowledge that doing so will not result in impeded care or negative consequences.
- An individual who files a complaint may pursue other remedies. This includes filing with the Office for Civil Rights Department of Health and Human Services Region VI – Dallas Ralph Rouse, Regional Manager, Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 1301 Young Street, Suite 1169Dallas, TX 75202 Voice Phone (214)767-4056 FAX (214)767-0432 TDD (214)767-8940.