Upon arrival you will receive a hard copy of our Patient Guide that will provide all the necessary information you will need for your stay at Weslaco Rehab Hospital. To help make your inpatient stay at WRH more comfortable, we recommend that you follow the checklist below.
What to Bring With You
- Picture Identification
- Insurance Cards (Medicare/Medicaid Card or any other insurance coverage you may have)
- Name, address, telephone numbers of your next of kin and emergency contact
- Comfortable Clothing (5-7 changes of clothes)
- T-Shirts, Shirts, Blouses, Pants, Shorts and/or Sweat Pants, Undergarments
- Pajamas, bathrobe and slippers (optional)
- Comfortable shoes or sneakers (to be used during therapy sessions)
- Personal Toiletries
- Shampoo, soap or body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb or brush, razors, lotion, antiperspirant, etc.
- Eyeglasses and/or Contacts
- Hearing Aids and Dentures
- Any Special Equipment you are using or requested by therapist.
- Wheelchair, Crutches, Cane, etc.
- Reading Materials for passing time (optional)
- Books or magazines
- Electronic Devices (optional)
- iPod, laptop, electric razors, hair dryer, etc.
Put your name on belongings thus they will be easier to track should they get misplaced. Please arrange for your laundry to be done through family/friends, as staff will not launder personal items. If you bring any electronic device, please make sure it is given to nursing when you arrive. All electrical equipment must be inspected to assure it meets Hospital Safety Codes prior to using it.
What to Leave at Home
Please leave any valuable items such as credit cards, jewelry or large amounts of money at home. However, if you bring such items with you, please send them home with a family member or friend as WRH will not be responsible for money, valuables or personal belongings that are left in your room. Remember that you will be away from your room for the majority of the day.